An impact drill is a device that holds an impact electric drill. It is used for drilling concrete foundations, walls, brick walls, granite, etc., installing dowels, plastic expansion pipes and other fasteners in holes. So what type of impact drill do you know? Impact drills include HSS drills for metal drilling, stone drills, wood drills, tile drills, etc. What are the precautions for using an impact drill? Next, let's learn about the relevant knowledge of impact drills.
What are the classifications of impact drills?
1. The drills used for drilling metal are made of high speed steel and are black in color. It can drill holes in alloy steel, non-alloy steel, cast iron and other metal materials. Be careful not to rotate too high while working, the drill is easy to burn
2. Masonry drill bits are used for drilling holes in concrete and masonry materials. The cutting head is made of carbide
3. Drilling holes in wood materials requires a woodworking drill bit. Drills for wood do not require high tool hardness, and the tool material is high speed steel. In fact, drill bits for metal can also drill wood. However, because wood is easy to heat, brittle chips are not easy to extract and must be rotated slowly when drilling, and the chips often need to be removed
4. If you need to drill holes in tiles or high-strength glass, use a tile drill. The tool material should be a high hardness tungsten-carbon alloy. Pay attention to drilling speed control during use
Precautions when using an impact drill
1. Drills made of different materials are used to drill different materials. The harder the tool, the less rigid it is, and the thinner the drill, the less rigid it is. Therefore, we must control the speed when drilling. When drilling, it is best to add a suitable cooling oil or cooling water. Now, some drill bits are covered with a hard metal film, which is used to drill steel, iron and other materials without heat treatment, which easily stick to the drill bit, so it is better to clean the drill bit and lubricate it with soapy water. water after drilling
2. Before using the drill, it is best to drill a pilot hole in the material to be drilled so that the drill does not deviate at the beginning and cause inconvenience.
3. Black bits are better for drilling iron. Sometimes they are used in everyday life. It is recommended to have a backup at home.