Engineered material bellows are used in many engineering applications, among which plastic and metal bellows are often used. These two kinds of corrugated pipes have different advantages and benefits, and they are often used together in the construction of many engineering projects. So the question is, if these two different bellows need to be connected and used, what method should be used to connect them? If you want to know the answer, it only takes 3 minutes. Baicai.com editor will show you how to connect plastic bellows and metal bellows.Common ways to join stainless steel bellows
As we all know, there are four most commonly used methods for joining stainless steel bellows:1. Flanged connection 2. Electric welding 3. Threaded connection 4. Quick connect connector Connection method with plastic bellows
1. Use a special welding machine to weld plastic corrugated pipes: simply place the plastic corrugated pipes to be joined on the clamps of the welding machine respectively, and wait for the temperature of the heating plate to rise to a suitable temperature, then shake the handle to heat. For plastic bellows, remove the heating plate immediately after the heating part of the bellows reaches the standard, and immediately connect the two ends.
2. Connection with connectors: special connectors usually consist of two ID cards, card slots and o-rings (selected according to the type of plastic bellows). During assembly, first rotate the O-ring in the card disc, then place the joints of the plastic bellows to be connected evenly and align, then use the card disc to tighten the two plastic bellows, and finally remove the two card slots from the card. The identified interface can be set.
Connection method of stainless steel metal bellows and plastic bellows
Combining the above two types of bellows with different installation and connection methods, it can be concluded and analyzed: stainless steel metal bellows and plastic bellows are bonded together. The specific connection steps are as follows.
1. Before bonding stainless steel metal bellows and plastic bellows, wipe the respective joints clean.
2. The section of stainless steel corrugated metal pipe and plastic corrugated pipe must be flat, and the vertical pipe must be chamfered. Test insert, the depth of the test insert is only one third of the distance from the marking. line to the pipe (remember: if the gap between the pipes is too large, you can use bellows fittings of variable diameter, and then glue them, if the manufacturer does not have such fittings, then this method will not work).
3. Construction staff bonding pipes first grease the inside of the flare end evenly, and then lubricate the outside of the flare end. The flare and flare must be applied evenly.
4. After gluing the pipes, the insertion depth can be increased within 1 minute under the condition of manual external force, and the position of stainless steel metal bellows and plastic bellows will not change after 1 minute.
5. Joint bonding of stainless steel metal bellows and plastic bellows must not be carried out in water or in rainy weather. Adhesive at the interface due to flare and flare extrusion can be wiped off with a cloth after 2 minutes.