Acrylic, also known as plexiglass, is a polymer compound, a plastic product with lots of light. Acrylic is characterized by smooth surface, bright color, low specific gravity, high strength, corrosion resistance, moisture resistance, light resistance, good insulation and sound insulation performance. In addition, it is easy to process, cut and bend, thanks to which the scope of its application is constantly expanding.
Acrylic products refers to handicrafts or consumer products made from acrylic materials according to their excellent performance. Because acrylic products have the advantages of high transparency, low price and easy processing, acrylic products are widely used and seen everywhere in our lives.
Acrylic has a high transparency, 92% light transmission and has a reputation as a "plastic crystal". And acrylic has excellent weather resistance, especially for outdoor use, ranking first among other plastics, with good surface hardness and gloss, and excellent processing ductility, which can be formed into various desired shapes and products. In addition, there are many types of acrylic sheets with rich colors (including translucent color sheets), and another feature is that thick sheets can still maintain high transparency.
Use of acrylic products:
1. Architectural applications: indoor and outdoor light boards, luminous lampshades, shop windows, etc., access control in large shopping malls, signage systems for high-end buildings, etc.;
2. Advertising applications: light boxes, signs, signs, exhibition stands, etc.;
3. Civilian goods: plumbing, handicrafts, cosmetics, brackets, aquariums, etc.;
4. Industrial applications: equipment identification plates, instrument panels, protective covers, etc.;
5. Lighting: fluorescent lamps, chandeliers, street lamp shades and other acrylic products;
6. Household use: fruit trays, tissue boxes, picture frames and other household items.
After processing acrylic products, you should pay attention to a few points:
1. The thermal deformation stability of ordinary acrylic sheets is about 100 degrees, so please pay attention to this temperature value when using acrylic products. For example, the temperature should not exceed 90 degrees in continuous use.
Secondly, the surface hardness of acrylic products is equivalent to that of aluminum, so care must be taken not to scratch the surface when using or processing acrylic products. If there are scratches, the original glossy surface can be restored by polishing.
Third, if the acrylic product becomes cloudy or dirty due to dust adsorption caused by minor scratches or static electricity, it can be wiped with a soft cloth dampened with 1% soapy water.